The B. Braun Space infusion system represents the latest technology available to manage complex infusion therapies. Innovative design has resulted in a single pump platform that covers the entire spectrum of infusion therapy types (eg. general infusions, PCA, TCI, …). Designed to meet the demands of today’s hospitals and beyond, the B. Braun Space infusion system provides clinicians with a complete system.
For its new generation of SpaceCom system, B. Braun relied on SYSGO’s expertise at different stages of the project development:
- First, to perform a detailed analysis on requirements and to propose a suitable hardware/software configuration
- Then to fully design, document and develop a completely new reliable and scalable software application
Among the most significant contribution brought by SYSGO, there is the replacement of Windows CE by SYSGO’s Industrial Grade Linux ELinOS on the existing board, and the development of BSP and drivers for the MPC5200 based custom board chosen for the new generation of medical device.
“SYSGO built its reputation by providing the best of Linux to its customers”, said Jacques Brygier, VP Marketing at SYSGO. “Our collaboration with B. Braun results from very fruitful exchanges between our respective technical teams. We are very proud that such a quality oriented company as B. Braun relies on SYSGO to participate to the new generation of their innovative infusion system”.
B. Braun SpaceCom makes interfacing easier and more comprehensive than ever before.
- Data communication interface for up to 24 pumps can be optionally integrated into a SpaceStation.
- Interfaces include Ethernet, RS232, USB master/slave, Wi-Fi, barcode scanner.
- All conventional interfaces are available for linking B. Braun Space Systems via hospital network to SpaceServer or to Clinical Information System.
- For use with any standard Internet browser to access infusion data or the servicing information of all Space workstations connected to the network.
ELinOS is a Linux-based development environment for creating sophisticated intelligent devices. Unlike traditional Linux implementations and distributions, SYSGO’s ELinOS is purpose-built for demanding industrial applications. SYSGO’s 15+ years of field expertise ensures not only an embedded Linux offering ideally suited for real-world complex applications, but also the ability to back it up with unmatched world-class support.
Available on Linux or Windows hosts, ELinOS is easy to install and use by novices. Many BSPs (Board Support Packages) corresponding to the most successful boards on the market are included, as well as BSPs for virtualization engines such as QEMU and VMware, or for the other SYSGO flagship product PikeOS. In addition to the widely used x86 version, ELinOS also supports PowerPC-, ARM-, MIPS-, and SH-platforms. ELinOS includes CODEO, the Eclipse based development environment that provides guided configuration, remote debugging, target monitoring, remote application deployment, and timing analyses in addition to standard application development features such as compilers and assemblers. Since the release of the 5.0 version, ELinOS also includes support for Adobe’s Flash Lite®, specifically adapted by SYSGO to various embedded platforms/architectures.
More information at www.sysgo.com/elinos