Lessons learned from the Automobil Elektronik Congress
This week we participated in the 21st Automobil Elektronik Congress in Ludwigsburg, Germany. These were very impressive and informative two days with around 30 presentations and keynotes from German Automotive Industry Top-Managers. Getting the newest and latest information directly from the E/E Management and having the possibility to discuss and to network makes the event so special.
The conference was addressing the following topics:
- Mega Trend of Automobile Industry
- Autonomous Driving
- Digitalisation and Strategy
- Connectivity and Security (that’s why SYSGO participated)
- Electro Mobility
- Trends and Business
We would to like share with you the conclusions and outlooks of Dr. Denners (Chairman of the Board of Management at Robert Bosch GmbH) summarising the event IMHO very good:
- The car of the future will be connected and become part of the IoT. This will give rise to new user experiences and business models.
- Artificial intelligence will transform the car into a personal assistant; it will become a ‘third living space’.
- Fundamental changes in connectivity infrastructure and vehicle architecture are needed.
- In a connected world, more flexible models of cooperation are necessary. Bosch remains committed to open platforms and partnerships.
From our point of view two important points out of the conference were very interesting for SYSGO:
- Software is the key technology and will more and more replace hardware driven business concepts. If you can’t handle software, you don’t have a future.
- AND -
- We will not give up connectivity for security – thus security is not just an add-on, this has to come from concept to the End of Life.
If you want to know more about security, go to www.sysgo.com/security
PikeOS is our Safe & Secure RTOS/Hypervisor. To learn how to secure Automotive applications in a connected cars, go to www.sysgo.com/automotive