Each year readers are asked to vote for a "Product of the Year" in several categories in the last edition of December. More than 1000 readers join the election every year and awarded ELinOS 2.2 with the first price. The award show took place on March 4, 2004 in Munich.
- - - - - Excerpt from the Original Press Release - - - - -
Top 11 Products of the Year 2003: Electronics Olympics
It has become a tradition: The companies whose products were rated best by the readers of Elektronik were able to receive their certificates as well as the trophy at a small celebration in the historic "Alte Münze" at the beginning of March. Over the years, the interest in the award has also grown strongly, as the number of people present proved. The editors would like to take this opportunity to thank once again the readers who made this event possible and the numerous sponsors who provided the prizes.
In 1998, Elektronik put the top 111 products of the previous twelve months to the vote for the first time; in the meantime, it has become a tradition: Every year, the editorial team makes a pre-selection of 111 products that were presented in the 26 issues of Elektronik in the course of the year - be it as a new product in the "Market" section, in the "Notes" section under the heading "Technology and Trends" or as part of a technical article. Due to the diversity of the products - they range from processors to connectors, measuring instruments and power supplies to industrial PC components and software - "the" product of the year is not chosen, but the "winners" are determined in defined product categories.
The 30 winners - i.e. the three best-rated products from each category - were already presented in Elektronik 2004, issue 5, p. 22. And these are - once again - the 1st prize winners:
- Active Components: AduM1100 digital isolator from Analog Devices.
- Passive components: Here there were two "first place winners": The LVR series of polyswitch fuse elements from Tyco Electronics Power Components and the ispPAC power5 manager IC from Lattice Semiconductor.
- Automation: Pneumatic muscle from Festo.
- CAD/CAE software: PCB design software, vers. 4.1, from CadSoft Computer.
- Electromechanics: CyMotion series wireless keyboard from Cherry.
- Embedded systems: Embedded Linux ElinOSv2.2 from Sysgo.
- Measuring + Testing: 4-channel laboratory oscilloscope TDS7704B from Tektronix.
- Optoelectronics: 1 W "Golden Dragon" light-emitting diode from Osram Opto Semiconductors.
- Sensors: HDRC CMOS image sensor from IMS Vision.
- Power supply: LTC 1844 linear regulator from Linear Technology.
- - - - - End of Excerpt - - - - -
More about ELinOS can be found at www.sysgo.com/elinos