The new 5.1 release brings many improvements as well as new features and up-to-date components to the long established ELinOS product line.
"In today's competitive environment of embedded Linux solutions, we are glad to see that what has made the early success of ELinOS is still recognized as very valuable by our customers", said Jacques Brygier, VP Marketing. "Industrial quality, clean and well structured product packaging, heavily tested hardware support are as equally appreciated as powerful and user-friendly IDE (Integrated Development Environment), large scope of supported architectures and real-time extensions. The new 5.1 version focuses on keeping all those advantages but also providing ways to secure previous development together with paths to upgrade to new features and libraries."
The new ELinOS 5.1 version brings the following improvements:
- Integration of new kernel stable version 2.6.34 as long as other supported versions such as 2.6.33, 2.6.32, 2.6.27 and 2.6.22 to support new features and to guarantee previous compatibility and smooth migration
- Real-time extension based on Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL) implementation (PREEMPT RT) especially designed and tested for industrial needs (available with 2.6.33 kernel)
- Real-time extension based on Xenomai 2.5.5 (available with 2.6.34 kernel)
- Support for latest embedded CPUs including Freescale QorIQ, ARM Cortex, TI OMAP 4
- SMP (Symmetric Multi-Processing) support on multi-core platforms x86, x86-64, PPC 60x, PPC e500, PPC e500mc, ARM, and MIPS64 (including Cavium Networks' OCTEON)
- Extended tracing capabilities and improved tracing performance, including SMP and 64-bit based applications
- Networking management tool for
- New 4.0 version of CODEO, the eclipse based IDE that includes integration of QEMU simulator as a development target
- Security features such as integrated rule-based firewall, support for digitally signed binaries, secure remote shell access, VPN (StrongSWAN, OpenVPN)
- More than 2000 precompiled target libraries and applications such as BusyBox, XOrg7.3, Mesa7.0, QT 4.7, QT embedded 4.7, GTK+ 2.20.1, OpenSSH, Lighttpd, Apache 2.2.16, network manager 0.8.1 and many more
- Enhanced support of Adobe® Flash® Lite(TM)
- Support for Windows 7 32 and 64-bit host platforms
ELinOS 5.1 is available now. The six families of supported processors are the x86, PowerPC, ARM, SH, SPARC V8 and MIPS64. ELinOS 5.1 is available for Linux and Windows hosted platforms.
More information at www.sysgo.com/elinos