"We are seeing an increasing use of embedded Linux in markets for which Linux was not initially made," said Jacques Brygier, VP Marketing at SYSGO. "With ELinOS, we targeted markets from the beginning where quality played an important role in product development. This strategy allowed us to develop with ELinOS in markets beyond traditional industrial automation and to penetrate avionics, automotive and transport. With ELinOS v5.0, we want to consolidate this development as we respond with the new version to the growing demand for reliability combined with a wide range of functions."
ELinOS has been a successful embedded Linux development environment for 10 years. The new features in version 5.0 make ELinOS more user-friendly while maintaining the robustness and quality that form ELinOS' reputation.
The new features of ELinOS 5.0 in detail:
- Integration of the Linux kernel 2.6.27 with faster response and response times, improved power management, support for dual-core processors and hyperthreading for x86, virtualisation and real-time, greatly improved support for wireless networks, many new drivers (including user-space driver UIO), CAN support in the kernel, kernel debugger (KGDB) and new flash filesystem (UBIFS)
- CODEO 3.0, the Eclipse-based development environment for ELinOS with tools for guided configuration, remote debugging, target system monitoring, remote application deployment and timing analysis. With the new version, CODEO plug-ins can now be used directly on a pre-installed Eclipse version (v3.4)
- Improved version of the ELK configuration tool for guided configuration of the target system
- Additional security features such as integrated rules-based firewall, restriction of execution to signed binaries, secure shell access, and VPN support including StrongSWAN and OpenVPN
- More than 2000 precompiled libraries and applications such as BusyBox, XOrg7.3, Mesa7.4, QT 4.4.x, GTK+ 2.12.x, OpenSSH, Lighttpd and many more
- Support for Xenomai 2.4.x on x86, PowerPC and ARM platforms
- Adobe Flash Lite support
ELinOS 5.0 will be available in March 2009 for Linux host and in Q2 for Windows host. The supported processors are x86, PowerPC, ARM, SH and MIPS.
More information at www.sysgo.com/elinos